Tuesday, April 27, 2010

where I stalk sandpipers

_IMG5542 ~ where I stalk sandpipers


The proximity of the two industrial sites next to where I stalk sandpipers along the river bank always...
leaves me with strong pangs of disturbing fascination.

As a native New Yorker born here on the Island of Manhattan I have learned to love the expanses along the polarities in my environment....
The environmentally decimated & the wild life sanctuaries,
The Irony towers of learning & the unreachably ignorant ,
The enormous wealth & unfortunate poverty,
Cultural riches of the world & the tragedy of social neglect.

A thousand years ago along this very same river bank there may have stood
a Lenapee Indian who's world view could not have perceived such incredible polarities...

but who's level of civilization may have been more advanced than mine.

No comments:

Species Of The Day

InformationWeek - All Stories

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

cberengu1 - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver